Friday, February 26, 2010

Coconut Oil - My new favorite friend!!

OK, so in the process of reading my way to a natural healthy lifestyle, I came across a book called "The Miracle of Coconut Oil". So I bought it and read it - then bout some. I am so loving the oil!! It has many uses, not just for cooking. Lat night - I used it as a lotion and OH MY!!! It was great to feel - it did not leave that filmy (not sure that is a word) scum on my hands, feet or anything. It took a bit for it to soak in, but I LOVE IT!!!

I cooked several things this week with the coconut oil - including some scrumptious blueberry muffins and chocolate chip muffins. They are sooooo good!! It can be overwhelming seeing all that I need to replace, but I am taking it one day at a time. We have managed to get our grass fed beef, and free range chickens all taken care of. Now onto the vegetables. I have looked into so co-ops, but not so sure I want to go that route now. I am thinking farmers market and a site that I stumbled across - still checking it out - will share later if it is worth it.

I ordered some yogurt cultures - and found out I can make yogurt super easy in the crock pot!!! Can't wait to get those - we are also going to try and make some motz cheese in the next few weeks:) The kids and I are having a blast trying all the new things and making changes.

We also joined the YMCA. I have made it to work out 3 times a week for the past few weeks. I like that I can get a workout (may not be too long depending on the baby) and the kids can have some fun!

So, with that all said, onto the next transition...not sure what that will be just yet, but I am working on it:)

Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment